Artificial Intelligence in outer space
AI is a command that is given to a particular room that tells it what to do in certain situations - so that if you ever face a monster starship during your journey, your ship will be able to work hard alongside you.
For example, if you wanted to change the AI of your Mining Lazer room~
You must select a CONDITION, and an ACTION for the AI to run efficiently. AI is useful in PVP mode - to ensure you're able to defend yourself against an enemy ship as best you can.
There are a plethora of options to choose from, and it's up to you to choose which one! How will you strategize?
Ai 102 By Nuthun (Dark Matter Heros AI expert):
1. ai runs in a loop repeatedly from top to bottom.
2. there are four types of actions: ammo selection, power setting, ability use, and targeting.
3. commands that can not be executed will be skipped over.
4. a command cannot be executed if, the target room does not exist (or in the case of crew cannot be reached), the target 'enemy' room has no health, a command of the same type has already been executed above in this reading of the command loop, or its condition is not true.
5. #4 means that targeting none conditions can be skipped.
6. if no targeting commands are executed in a loop, the last targeted room will continue to be targeted, even if that room is no longer a valid target (it has been destroyed by your lasers). If no target was selected earlier, then the room/crewman will not fire at all/move.
7. increase power by one has almost the same effect as set maximum power, the only difference being that set maximum is faster by an unnoticeable amount and it will set the power up generally before any increase by one commands.
8. decrease power by one has the exact same effect as set minimum power, as the ai loop happens far too fast for you to notice any difference between the 2.
9. NOTICE- IF YOU CHANGE ANY OF THE POWER LEVELS OF ANY OF YOUR SYSTEMS DURING A BATTLE, ALL POWER SETTING COMMANDS ON ALL YOUR SYSTEMS WILL CUT OUT. THIS MAY BE A GLITCH.