|Android Studio||Visiri Mechbay|
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10|
|Icon||Abbreviation||Size||Power Consumption||Stat Enhancement||AI Category|
|Level||Reload Time||Capacity||Upgrade||Ship Level Required|
The Android Studio is a 2x2 Defense room unlocked at level seven. Along with the Visiri Mechbay, these are the only two starship rooms that can utilize Androids. The Android Studio can send out up to two Androids during combat. Androids cannot be controlled by the player. Instead, they follow a preset AI that cannot be edited. In addition, Androids are also given the lowest Crew Seniority possible when deployed.
Androids are very flexible, so players may want to destroy the Android Studio to remove the threat of Androids. Thus, make sure the Android Studio has 1-4 Armor blocks around it. In addition, Androids can cause heavy traffic on the player's Lifts if they are constantly being deployed away from their target destination, so placement of the Android Studio is crucial.
Service Droids are best deployed near the center of the player's ship, Defence Droids should be deployed near commonly boarded rooms like the Small Reactor, and Boarder Droids should be placed near the Teleport.
- Advantages: It's an efficient and effective way to repair damaged rooms. It can also heal other Crew with its Healing Rain ability.
- Disadvantages: It's easily countered by boarders. In addition, it may prevent repair Crew closer to the damaged room from entering.
- Additional Notes: This is currently the most common combo seen in battle.
- Advantages: It can be quite effective when dealing with boarders. Its Critical Attack ability lets it do guranteed damage to boarders.
- Disadvantages: It's rather limited in use since Defence Droids are only used to attack enemy boarders.
- Advantages: It can allow for continuous Teleport spam, which can seriously disrupt the enemy ship. Its Ultra Dismantle ability can also be used to damage a room before any Landmine can explode.
- Disadvantages: The Boarder Droid AI is rather bad, sometimes teleporting themselves to certain death. In addition, if the enemy EMP's the Teleport, they simply idle and take up an important Android slot.
- Advantages: It can do two of the combo tasks at once. For example, pairing the Service and Defence Droid together allows the Service Droid to be protected from enemy boarders while it repairs rooms.
- Disadvantages: Only one Android is used per task, meaning it's pretty mediocre at doing the task being preformed.
When To Use
The Android Studio is mainly used to substitute or support Crew onboard a player's ship. Service Droids are best used to support Repair Crew, Defence Droids can be used to substitute defense crew, and Boarder Droids can be used for continuous Teleport spam. Your strategy determines what Androids you will use. For example the Penetrator Missile spam strategy requires a lot of repair crew, so support them by using Service Droids.
The Android Studio requires AI to equip currently built Androids in combat. Without it, the Android Studio will not equip an Android without manual intervention. Below is a list of Android equip commands and what Android they refer to. The "Set Highest ___" commands do not work as Androids use Crew stats instead of pure damage stats.
Set Cheapest Items -> Android That Costs The Least Amount Of Minerals To Build Set Dearest Items -> Android That Costs The Most Amount Of Minerals To Build Set Item To None -> Unequip Androids
The Android Studio is buffed with the Engine stat on Crew. The reload reduction formula applied when the Android Studio is buffed can be found here.
- The Android Studio uses the Bolter's destroyed sprite.
- The level 4 and 5 Android Studio used to share the same upgrade display sprite on accident.
Weapon Rooms: Mineral Mining Laser • Bolter • Kias Phaser • K Blaster • Minigun • Photon Phaser • Plasma Discharger • Particle Discharger • Laser Blaster • Railgun • Photon Disruptor • EMP Cannon • Ion Cannon