|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
The Scarlet Missile is a Missile unlocked for the Missile Launcher/Multi Missile Launcher after the player researches Incendiary Technology in the Laboratory. The Scarlet Missile lights a Fire in the room it hits.
Like all Missiles, the Scarlet Missile bypasses shields and can be dodged by ships that have a powered Engine onboard. The Scarlet Missile can be upgraded by continuing to research Incendiary Technology in the Laboratory.
- Advantages: Can deal a lot of System Damage and Crew Damage in a short period of time
- Disadvantages: Can be countered by Sprinklers.
- Additional Notes: Can bait repair Crew into burning rooms and damage them. Make sure the Scarlets target different rooms.
- Advantages: The Scarlet Missile is used to bait repair Crew into the Jungle Missile. The area denial from fire forces the repair Crew to stay in the room longer, nullifying most of the speed related disadvantages.
- Disadvantages: Hard to implement without Python 3.x.
- Advantages: Can deal substantial damage to Systems and Crew in a short period of time.
- Disadvantages: Can be countered with Sprinklers.
- Additional Notes: Requires a Multi Missile Launcher. At least 3 different rooms should be targeted in this combo. Otherwise, the second/third Missile will be wasted due to how Fire Damage stacks on top of each other. Rooms that Crew tend to huddle in are the best targets for this combo.
- Advantages: The EMP Missile can disable Sprinklers, allowing the Scarlet Missile to deal much more damage. The EMP Missile can also be used separately to disable other rooms.
- Disadvantages: Hard to implement AI wise.
When To Use
The Scarlet Missile is by far the best damage dealing Missile the MSL/MML can use. If undisturbed, the fire lit by the Scarlet Missile deals the most damage out of all the other Missiles. The fire can cause great damage to both passing by or repair crew, and prevent them from repairing the room until the fire is put out.
The AI equip command for the Scarlet Missile is relatively straightforward. Once the below AI equip command is in the Missile Launcher/Multi Missile Launcher, it will automatically equip the Scarlet Missile during combat.None -> Set Highest Fire Items
- The Scarlet Missile was originally called the Hellfire Missile, and the player could obtain 30 of them by pledging A$ 32 AUD or more at the Pixel Starships Kickstarter found here.