|Android Studio||Visiri Mechbay|
|Icon||Abbreviation||Size||Power Consumption||Stat Enhancement||AI Category|
|Level||Reload Time||Capacity||Ship Level Required|
The Visiri Mechbay is a 2x2 defense room bought through Special Offers in the shop. The Visiri Mechbay functions exactly the same as a level 6 Android Studio in combat, with one minor difference. The Visiri Mechbay has a 22 Android storage limit while the level 6 Android Studio has a 20 storage limit.
The Visiri Mechbay is like a more power efficient Android Studio. When used by itself or with the Android Studio, it's important to note that the Visiri Mechbay's two maximum power can make it much easier to destroy when compared to the Android Studio. So, make sure to place 3-5 blocks of Armor around it. Outside of that, it's treated the exact same way the Android Studio would regarding placement and usage.
The combos below require the player to have both the Android Studio and Visiri Mechbay onboard the ship. If the player wishes to only use the Visiri Mechbay, the strategies for it are listed here.
- Advantages: It's a very effective at repairing damaged rooms. It can also decently heal other Crew with its Healing Rain ability.
- Disadvantages: It's countered by boarders. In addition, it may prevent repair Crew closer to the damaged room from entering.
- Advantages: It can severely cripple enemy boarders due to the amount of Androids and their Critical Attack ability, which gurantees damage to enemy boarders.
- Disadvantages: It's rather limited in use since Defence Droids are only used to attack enemy boarders.
- Advantages: It can allow for massive Teleport spam, which can seriously cripple the enemy ship. Its Ultra Dismantle ability can also be used to damage a room before any Landmine can explode.
- Disadvantages: The Boarder Droid AI is rather bad, sometimes teleporting themselves to certain death. In addition, if the enemy EMP's the Teleport, they simply idle and take up many important Android slots.
- Additional Notes: The amount of Boarder Droids launched actually outpace the Teleport's reload speed, so many recommend swapping a Boarder Droid with a Service or Defence Droid.
- Advantages: This combo combines two already existing Android Combos to get the best out of both of them. For example, pairing 2 Boarder Droids and 2 Service Droids allows the player to continuously board the enemy ship whilst also repairing rooms and healing Crew.
- Disadvantages: There really aren't any disadvantages with this combo since it's just combining the advantages of two separate combos into one.
When To Use
The Visiri Mechbay is best used in conjunction with the Android Studio. Four Androids being deployed instead of two allows for a multitude of deadly strategies the player can coordinate. However, if the player doesn't wish to do this the Visiri Mechbay can also act as a substitute for the Android Studio to consume less power. The Visiri Mechbay can also be used to deploy Androids before level 7.
The Visiri Mechbay requires AI to equip currently built Androids in combat. Without it, the Visiri Mechbay will not equip an Android without manual intervention. Below is a list of Android equip commands and what Android they refer to. The "Set Highest ___" commands do not work as Androids use Crew stats instead of pure damage stats.
Set Cheapest Items -> Android That Costs The Least Amount Of Minerals To Build Set Dearest Items -> Android That Costs The Most Amount Of Minerals To Build Set Item To None -> Unequip Androids
The Visiri Mechbay is buffed with the Engine stat on Crew. The reload reduction formula applied when the Visiri Mechbay is buffed can be found here.
- The Visiri Mechbay uses the Bolter's destroyed sprite.
- The Visiri Mechbay was inspired by a player's Android design.